Election 2020

Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post Reply

Vote Before You Can Vote!

Donald Trump (R)
59
44%
Joe Biden (D)
55
41%
Jacob Hornberger (L)
1
1%
Howie Hawkins (G)
1
1%
Other
1
1%
COVID-19
16
12%
 
Total votes: 133

User avatar
Rob
Future Drummer
Posts: 2892
Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 1:46 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: Election 2020

Post by Rob »

Mickey wrote:
Rob wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Rob wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:Can you believe these delus :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: ;) ional moderates, LV?
I don't feel like Biden, Obama and Bernie working together to beat Trump is selling out. If there is a better strategy, link me to it.
Mickey wrote: I have a wildly different take on the potential success of a Biden administration (who, again, I don't think can win), but I agree that Bernie's campaign has not been a failure when judged on a long-term scale. He was a vector for shifting the conversation wildly left and breaking the DNC's neoliberal consensus. That's important.
I just feel like the goal is transitioning from a Trump to Biden admin. The battle doesn't end there, I just feel like if Trump wins again, the progressive agenda is really set back.
I can see that argument--there are definitely changes even a weak Biden administration could make that would help reverse some of the more disastrous Trump effects. I'm thinking especially of a liberal NLRB and what that might mean for collective bargaining rights (given that workplace organizing is probably the best non-electoral strategy available to the left right now). And getting people to go out for Biden means going out for crucial down-ballot races--if the Dems take the Senate it doesn't really matter who's president.
Nobody knows the future, but I do feel like this is the strategy. A "weak" Biden admin is better than any Trump admin.. and has many good outcomes down ballot.
I should be clear, I'm not advocating an alternate strategy, but my suspicion is that these minor executive-branch-driven gains will be wiped out by the conservative backlash in 2024 as the thin veneer of harm reduction offered by a Biden presidency is fully discredited.
Fair enough. The fight should go on. But it begins with getting Trump & McConnell out of power. They are the real obstacles.
User avatar
Bammer
mXn
Posts: 22881
Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Location: Surrounded by Wokes. Please send help.

Re: Election 2020

Post by Bammer »

Just stopping by to challenge Burt

*challenges Burt*
User avatar
Anders
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
Posts: 23577
Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lowenan
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Election 2020

Post by Anders »

That's weird by the mods. This poll is not the same as Burt's at all.
User avatar
Bammer
mXn
Posts: 22881
Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Location: Surrounded by Wokes. Please send help.

Re: Election 2020

Post by Bammer »

Mods, good luck getting to sleep at night knowing you pissed off Anders.

Shameful.
User avatar
bune
Mind Your Tanners
Posts: 9359
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/bune_yurievich
Location: Washington State

Re: Election 2020

Post by bune »

Image
User avatar
epilogue
We All We Got, We All We Need
Posts: 85526
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Ghorman
Contact:

Re: Election 2020

Post by epilogue »

:lol:


:(
User avatar
Anders
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
Posts: 23577
Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lowenan
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Election 2020

Post by Anders »

Who do you think is going to win the presidential election?
User avatar
Anders
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
Posts: 23577
Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lowenan
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Election 2020

Post by Anders »

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us ... 020/winner

Trump is leading on the odds so far. But it does seem a little odd that he could win again. Then again, Biden doesn’t feel like a very strong candidate.
User avatar
LoathedVermin72
The Master
Posts: 33961
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: Election 2020

Post by LoathedVermin72 »

Trump is going to absolutely demolish Biden
User avatar
Mickey
Mind Your Tanners
Posts: 9715
Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Location: Tristes Tropiques

Re: Election 2020

Post by Mickey »

Doesn't feel odd to me at all. I fully expect Trump to win in November and at this point I can't see anything changing that.
VinylGuy wrote:its really tiresome to see these ¨good guys¨ talking about any political stuff in tv while also being kinda funny and hip and cool....its just...please enough of this shit.
User avatar
Hatfield
AnalLog
Posts: 1517
Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Re: Election 2020

Post by Hatfield »

Based on 2018, I don't see Trump winning in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania again. He might even lose Ohio. That's the ballgame.
User avatar
Bammer
mXn
Posts: 22881
Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Location: Surrounded by Wokes. Please send help.

Re: Election 2020

Post by Bammer »

Hatfield wrote:Based on 2018, I don't see Trump winning in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania again. He might even lose Ohio. That's the ballgame.
Thanks - I was just going to ask.

Assuming the blue states stay blue from 2016 ... which that voted red would need to flip blue for Drumpf to lose?
User avatar
tragabigzanda
Production Police
Posts: 51882
Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Re: Election 2020

Post by tragabigzanda »

FUCK ICE
Last edited by tragabigzanda on Thu January 15, 2026 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Anders
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
Posts: 23577
Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lowenan
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Election 2020

Post by Anders »

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Trump is going to absolutely demolish Biden
Sad
User avatar
Anders
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
Posts: 23577
Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lowenan
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Election 2020

Post by Anders »

tragabigzanda wrote:
Hatfield wrote:Based on 2018, I don't see Trump winning in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania again. He might even lose Ohio. That's the ballgame.
I'm not saying I agree with this, because I don't know about the politics of these states well enough to weigh in... But I agree it will all come down to just these states, and maybe TX
Sounds like a flawed system.
User avatar
LoathedVermin72
The Master
Posts: 33961
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: Election 2020

Post by LoathedVermin72 »

Anders wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Hatfield wrote:Based on 2018, I don't see Trump winning in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania again. He might even lose Ohio. That's the ballgame.
I'm not saying I agree with this, because I don't know about the politics of these states well enough to weigh in... But I agree it will all come down to just these states, and maybe TX
Sounds like a flawed system.
You don’t say!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Mickey
Mind Your Tanners
Posts: 9715
Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:02 am
Location: Tristes Tropiques

Re: Election 2020

Post by Mickey »

Comparing 2018 to 2020 is, sorry, pretty dumb. Clinton lost massively in 94 and still won in 96 against a particularly weak candidate (which Biden is). Midterm elections have little predictive power on national presidential ones.
VinylGuy wrote:its really tiresome to see these ¨good guys¨ talking about any political stuff in tv while also being kinda funny and hip and cool....its just...please enough of this shit.
User avatar
Bammer
mXn
Posts: 22881
Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Location: Surrounded by Wokes. Please send help.

Re: Election 2020

Post by Bammer »

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Anders wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Hatfield wrote:Based on 2018, I don't see Trump winning in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania again. He might even lose Ohio. That's the ballgame.
I'm not saying I agree with this, because I don't know about the politics of these states well enough to weigh in... But I agree it will all come down to just these states, and maybe TX
Sounds like a flawed system.
You don’t say!!!!!!!!!!!!
:shock:
User avatar
Anders
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
Posts: 23577
Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lowenan
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Election 2020

Post by Anders »

Bammer wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Anders wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Hatfield wrote:Based on 2018, I don't see Trump winning in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania again. He might even lose Ohio. That's the ballgame.
I'm not saying I agree with this, because I don't know about the politics of these states well enough to weigh in... But I agree it will all come down to just these states, and maybe TX
Sounds like a flawed system.
You don’t say!!!!!!!!!!!!
:shock:
Hopefully something will be done to change it in the future.
User avatar
Bammer
mXn
Posts: 22881
Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Location: Surrounded by Wokes. Please send help.

Re: Election 2020

Post by Bammer »

Anders wrote:
Bammer wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Anders wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Hatfield wrote:Based on 2018, I don't see Trump winning in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania again. He might even lose Ohio. That's the ballgame.
I'm not saying I agree with this, because I don't know about the politics of these states well enough to weigh in... But I agree it will all come down to just these states, and maybe TX
Sounds like a flawed system.
You don’t say!!!!!!!!!!!!
:shock:
Hopefully something will be done to change it in the future.
That's it, I'm gonna write a letter.
Post Reply