What movies are you watching?
-
Ms Harmless
- She / Her
- Posts: 13723
- Joined: Sun January 26, 2020 12:10 pm
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/
- Location: Warwickshire, UK
Re: What movies are you watching?
Guillermo Del Toro's "Nightmare Alley"
for some reason I'd been led to believe that this was a minor film in Del Toro's catalogue, but those people are wrong; I absolutely loved this thing
for some reason I'd been led to believe that this was a minor film in Del Toro's catalogue, but those people are wrong; I absolutely loved this thing
- Buby
- Future Drummer
- Posts: 2991
- Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 9:08 pm
- Location: West of Deedle
Re: What movies are you watching?
Man, I rarely get a chance to watch more than one movie in day, but today I got to watch three.
Riff Raff
The Friendship
The Holdovers
Riff Raff
The Friendship
The Holdovers
- tree_
- NEVER STOP JAMMING!
- Posts: 20391
- Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
- Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
- Contact:
Re: What movies are you watching?
seeing Resident Evil tonight. woottoow
- tree_
- NEVER STOP JAMMING!
- Posts: 20391
- Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
- Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
- Contact:
Re: What movies are you watching?
It was good for the kind of movie it is, just wasn't entirely in the mood for the silliness
- VinylGuy
- jeeeesus relax already
- Posts: 43849
- Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
- The Argonaut
- I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
- Posts: 11982
- Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
- Location: in the air tonight
Re: What movies are you watching?
Wasn't a huge fan of Primetime, sadly
But I did see Boogie Nights at the theatre yesterday and that was a blast. Been riding that high all day
But I did see Boogie Nights at the theatre yesterday and that was a blast. Been riding that high all day
Please consider voting for me
- VinylGuy
- jeeeesus relax already
- Posts: 43849
- Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
- spike
- The Master
- Posts: 36357
- Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Re: What movies are you watching?
Not sure that Bourdain movie needs to exist.
- Farmer John
- Misplaced My Sponge
- Posts: 6729
- Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:25 pm
Re: What movies are you watching?
Not sure YOU need to exist!
- Farmer John
- Misplaced My Sponge
- Posts: 6729
- Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:25 pm
Re: What movies are you watching?
I'm sorry. I didn't mean that.
- VinylGuy
- jeeeesus relax already
- Posts: 43849
- Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Re: What movies are you watching?
The doc is pretty good. Biopics will always be that for me at least, a glorified version of another person.
I will still see Tony, probably soon.
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.
- spike
- The Master
- Posts: 36357
- Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Re: What movies are you watching?
I was talking about Tony.
- VinylGuy
- jeeeesus relax already
- Posts: 43849
- Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
- Jorge
- NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK
- Posts: 36979
- Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
- Location: Buenos Aires
Re: What movies are you watching?
I just couldn't give less of a fuck about Anthony Bourdain. I think the cultural obsession around him is weird
Anders wrote:I do not have a «neoliberal assessment of geopolitics», so please stop writing that I do.
- VinylGuy
- jeeeesus relax already
- Posts: 43849
- Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Re: What movies are you watching?
so you are not watching the biopic? or you might watch it
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.
- spike
- The Master
- Posts: 36357
- Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Re: What movies are you watching?
Stop calling it a biopic. It isn’t.
- VinylGuy
- jeeeesus relax already
- Posts: 43849
- Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
- spike
- The Master
- Posts: 36357
- Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Re: What movies are you watching?
It covers a couple months of his life when he was an 18 year old dumbass.
- VinylGuy
- jeeeesus relax already
- Posts: 43849
- Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
- VinylGuy
- jeeeesus relax already
- Posts: 43849
- Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Re: What movies are you watching?
¨A biopic is a dramatized movie or television production that tells the life story of a real person¨
The word combines two terms: biography (the story of a real life) and picture (an old-fashioned word for a film)
good ol Cambridge dictionary says it too
The word combines two terms: biography (the story of a real life) and picture (an old-fashioned word for a film)
good ol Cambridge dictionary says it too
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.