What movies are you watching?

Books, movies, television...
Ms Harmless
She / Her
Posts: 13723
Joined: Sun January 26, 2020 12:10 pm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/
Location: Warwickshire, UK

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Ms Harmless »

Guillermo Del Toro's "Nightmare Alley"

for some reason I'd been led to believe that this was a minor film in Del Toro's catalogue, but those people are wrong; I absolutely loved this thing
User avatar
Buby
Future Drummer
Posts: 2991
Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 9:08 pm
Location: West of Deedle

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Buby »

Man, I rarely get a chance to watch more than one movie in day, but today I got to watch three.
Riff Raff
The Friendship
The Holdovers
User avatar
tree_
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
Posts: 20391
Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Contact:

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by tree_ »

seeing Resident Evil tonight. woottoow
User avatar
tree_
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
Posts: 20391
Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Contact:

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by tree_ »

It was good for the kind of movie it is, just wasn't entirely in the mood for the silliness
User avatar
VinylGuy
jeeeesus relax already
Posts: 43849
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by VinylGuy »

It is a comedy actually
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.
User avatar
The Argonaut
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
Posts: 11982
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Location: in the air tonight

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by The Argonaut »

Wasn't a huge fan of Primetime, sadly

But I did see Boogie Nights at the theatre yesterday and that was a blast. Been riding that high all day
Please consider voting for me
User avatar
VinylGuy
jeeeesus relax already
Posts: 43849
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by VinylGuy »

im really looking forward to Primetime
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.
User avatar
spike
The Master
Posts: 36357
Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by spike »

Not sure that Bourdain movie needs to exist.
User avatar
Farmer John
Misplaced My Sponge
Posts: 6729
Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Farmer John »

spike wrote: Mon September 28, 2026 1:20 am Not sure that Bourdain movie needs to exist.
Not sure YOU need to exist!
User avatar
Farmer John
Misplaced My Sponge
Posts: 6729
Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Farmer John »

I'm sorry. I didn't mean that.
User avatar
VinylGuy
jeeeesus relax already
Posts: 43849
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by VinylGuy »

spike wrote: Mon September 28, 2026 1:20 am Not sure that Bourdain movie needs to exist.
The doc is pretty good. Biopics will always be that for me at least, a glorified version of another person.

I will still see Tony, probably soon.
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.
User avatar
spike
The Master
Posts: 36357
Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by spike »

I was talking about Tony.
User avatar
VinylGuy
jeeeesus relax already
Posts: 43849
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by VinylGuy »

yeah i figured
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.
User avatar
Jorge
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK
Posts: 36979
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Jorge »

I just couldn't give less of a fuck about Anthony Bourdain. I think the cultural obsession around him is weird
Anders wrote:I do not have a «neoliberal assessment of geopolitics», so please stop writing that I do.
User avatar
VinylGuy
jeeeesus relax already
Posts: 43849
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by VinylGuy »

so you are not watching the biopic? or you might watch it
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.
User avatar
spike
The Master
Posts: 36357
Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by spike »

Stop calling it a biopic. It isn’t.
User avatar
VinylGuy
jeeeesus relax already
Posts: 43849
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by VinylGuy »

how come is not a biopic??
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.
User avatar
spike
The Master
Posts: 36357
Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by spike »

It covers a couple months of his life when he was an 18 year old dumbass.
User avatar
VinylGuy
jeeeesus relax already
Posts: 43849
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by VinylGuy »

yeap, thats a biopic my dude.
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.
User avatar
VinylGuy
jeeeesus relax already
Posts: 43849
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by VinylGuy »

¨A biopic is a dramatized movie or television production that tells the life story of a real person¨

The word combines two terms: biography (the story of a real life) and picture (an old-fashioned word for a film)

good ol Cambridge dictionary says it too
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.
Post Reply