What movies are you watching?

Books, movies, television...
User avatar
VinylGuy
jeeeesus relax already
Posts: 43945
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by VinylGuy »

Tony.

Meh.
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.
User avatar
Ensign9
Future Drummer
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sat January 12, 2013 7:19 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Ensign9 »

I’m not sure I liked Digger but I believe it to be a good movie worth seeing (in IMAX). My opinion could change dramatically (for better or worse) after a second viewing. Cruise deserves, at minimum, an Oscar nom.
deep substrate foliated kalkite
User avatar
Jorge
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK
Posts: 37014
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Jorge »

Cruise is very bad in Digger

Not quite as bad as Sandra Huller

who is not quite as bad as John Goodman

Really impressive how Iñarritu managed to pry such awful performances from a good cast in this awful fucking movie
Anders wrote:I do not have a «neoliberal assessment of geopolitics», so please stop writing that I do.
User avatar
Ensign9
Future Drummer
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sat January 12, 2013 7:19 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Ensign9 »

I think the actors gave great performances relative to the job they were tasked with.

That parliament/tribunal monologue did nothing for you?

Also, I hope this wins the sound design Oscar because I’d like “military general boner sound effect” to be associated with the pinnacle of film achievement.
Last edited by Ensign9 on Sat October 03, 2026 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deep substrate foliated kalkite
User avatar
Jorge
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK
Posts: 37014
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Jorge »

It pissed me off!
Anders wrote:I do not have a «neoliberal assessment of geopolitics», so please stop writing that I do.
User avatar
Farmer John
Misplaced My Sponge
Posts: 6741
Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Farmer John »

I refuse to believe that Jesse Plemons is bad in it. That can't be.
User avatar
Jorge
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK
Posts: 37014
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Jorge »

He's whatever in it. It's not his fault. The script is just insultingly bad. His monologue near the end is pathetic
Anders wrote:I do not have a «neoliberal assessment of geopolitics», so please stop writing that I do.
User avatar
The Argonaut
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
Posts: 11996
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Location: in the air tonight

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by The Argonaut »

I dug the last three or so minutes. Painful to get there, though, not worth it
Please consider voting for me
User avatar
Ensign9
Future Drummer
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sat January 12, 2013 7:19 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Ensign9 »

The Argonaut wrote: Sat October 03, 2026 10:42 pm I dug the last three or so minutes.
Turns out you were the Digger all along.
deep substrate foliated kalkite
User avatar
Farmer John
Misplaced My Sponge
Posts: 6741
Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Farmer John »

The Uprising

I'm not against Paul Greengrass' shaky-cam style, per se, but I found it pretty annoying here. Tons of shaky action, but also kind of boring
User avatar
The Argonaut
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
Posts: 11996
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Location: in the air tonight

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by The Argonaut »

Farmer John wrote: Sat October 03, 2026 11:37 pm The Uprising

I'm not against Paul Greengrass' shaky-cam style, per se, but I found it pretty annoying here. Tons of shaky action, but also kind of boring
The shaky cam in this movie is comical. Probably the only reason it's worth watching is to laugh at what poor Paul Greengrass has become
Please consider voting for me
User avatar
Mecca
slower than 82% of US
Posts: 8718
Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Mecca »

Ensign9 wrote: Sat October 03, 2026 8:31 pm I’m not sure I liked Digger but I believe it to be a good movie worth seeing (in IMAX). My opinion could change dramatically (for better or worse) after a second viewing. Cruise deserves, at minimum, an Oscar nom.
Probably would’ve liked it more if it was a musical
User avatar
The Argonaut
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
Posts: 11996
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Location: in the air tonight

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by The Argonaut »

It almost turned into one a couple times. The parliament scene is basically a musical, just no singing
Please consider voting for me
User avatar
daft twat
Misplaced My Sponge
Posts: 5555
Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:23 am
Location: The In Between

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by daft twat »

End of Oak Street is a turd, but the last half hour is fun, and Valerie by Steve Winwood being featured was a nice surprise.
User avatar
Jorge
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK
Posts: 37014
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Jorge »

I thought the whole movie was really good. I was really charmed by it
Anders wrote:I do not have a «neoliberal assessment of geopolitics», so please stop writing that I do.
User avatar
BurtReynolds
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
Posts: 46554
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by BurtReynolds »

November (2017, Estonia)

Wacky little movie. More of a creepy fairy tale than horror. I liked it.
RM's resident disinformation expert.
User avatar
lennytheweedwhacker
The Master
Posts: 48956
Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by lennytheweedwhacker »

The Zero Theorem. Made me want to watch Brazil.
And they say that a hero could save us
I'm not gonna stand here and wait
User avatar
BurtReynolds
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
Posts: 46554
Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by BurtReynolds »

Really want to watch Digger , but might wait for streaming.
RM's resident disinformation expert.
User avatar
Mecca
slower than 82% of US
Posts: 8718
Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by Mecca »

BurtReynolds wrote: Mon October 05, 2026 7:14 pm Really want to watch Digger , but might wait for streaming.
I kinda wished I waited for streaming
User avatar
lennytheweedwhacker
The Master
Posts: 48956
Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: What movies are you watching?

Post by lennytheweedwhacker »

Musicals are best watched in IMAX.
And they say that a hero could save us
I'm not gonna stand here and wait
Post Reply